I received this morning the 14 route maps I ordered from the Adventure Cycling Association 🙂 They were warning about a 60-days overseas delivery delay, but they made the trip in less than two weeks.
These maps plot very well the trip I will do through the US :
- San Francisco – Santa Barbara, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Here I’m missing the bit between LA – Las Vegas, NV – Flagstaff, AZ
- Flagstaff, AZ – Cedar City, UT
- Dolores, CO (maybe a detour to Denver ?)
- Pueblo, CO
- Alexander, KS
- Girard, KS
- Murphysboro, IL
- Berea, KY
- Christiansburg, VA
- Richmond, VA (then of course Washington, Baltimore)
- Conshohocken, VA (then Philadelphia, New York)
- Windsor Locks, CT
- Boston, MA 🙂
That makes a total of 12 states, perhaps a bit more with the small states on the east coast (small but beautiful ! 😉 ).
The maps are really nice and detailed with all sorts of useful informations for cyclists, including elevation, weather reports, directories, etc. They are supposed to be untearable and waterproof. I’ll see that on the field 🙂
Only default I see, apart from the price (12$ each, member price), is that there is a one page addendum for each map :p This print is less than two years old though. Well, things change fast I suppose.
I wanted to do a pic with all maps open on the ground, but I don’t think I have enough space around 🙂